Posted by: wurdygirl | September 13, 2008

Cook the Chicken…Or Maybe Not

I’m having a bit of a problem. Ike is heading this way and I can’t decide on what to cook. Yes, even at times like this food is still on my mind. I’m thinking what if we lose power…what are my protein options? I bought canned chicken and tuna, but being the creature of comfort that I am, I’m seriously debating the merits of pre-cooking some BBQ chicken. Yeah, eating BBQ chicken thighs in the dark might just cheer me up.

In my area, the storm is supposed to bring lots of rain and wind gusts up to 50+ mph at times. We are expecting widespread power outages as well. I’m thinking I should probably get the chicken in the oven before the worst of the storm hits in the next couple of hours.

On a serious note, I hope all of those in the path of Ike remain safe.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: